Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Wednesday... oh yeah!!!

Yes, it is a new day.
I must say, new days are very good. Today was a very well-rounded day. I went to my French class this morning (j'adore francaise!), and had a wonderful time. There is something about French class that really motivates me. I mean, I really believe that if I had any other class M-Th at 9am, i probably would just cut class. But it's true what they say, French really is the language of love.

So after my French class, I proceeded to make my way to the Austin, where I sit for about an hour until my Auto 100 class starts. Usually, not only am I the only girl in the building at (what it seems like) any given moment, I am usually alone in the foyer where they have benches, so it is nice and quiet. But not today. Today there was this odd little guy sitting on my usual bench. I mean, no big deal... sure it threw me off a little, but I am open to change. So I sit down on the adjacent bench which is a few feet away. I put in my music and turn the volume low so I can still hear whats going on a little, just in case. Not a minute later, this weird little man starts whistling....and not quietly. And its not even a tune or anything, its just random pitches of whistling to what I assume he thought went along with the music coming from his mp3 player. So I turned up my volume to drown it out. The next thing he does, on top of whistling loudly is do that weird finger thing that guys do. You know, that movement where they slap their fingers together with a flick of their wrist? It is usually the sort of thing you do when you are holding a can of chewing tobacco. Or atleast I think so. SO, with these things going on, and nowhere else to go for the remaining minutes, I just sat and tried to drown it out with the sweet sounds of none other than the amazing, Michael Buble.

Then some good things happened. I am not going to be specific, just in case.. but lets just say, my streak of not going on dates, hopefully will be coming to and end shortly. But, I am only being hopeful, because chances are, I am completely wrong about this guy, although I am certain I am not. Anyways, thats beside the point.

Last but certainly not least was my last class of the day, Family 100. If you are in college, going into college, or already graduated, I suggest you take this class from Byron Webster. Best teacher you will ever, ever have. At first he may seem a little odd, or somewhat scatterbrained, but he is one of those people who you would last expect to appreciate so much. But you do. So I am just saying....but seriously, it will change your perspective.

So, thats pretty much what my Wednesday has brought me. Nothing to life altering, or gear shifting, but definitely some things to think about. A toast to Wednesdays....for filling up the middle of our weeks!

3 comments:

  1. What a great post Kelly. That's my girl!!! I know I will hear very soon about your "maybe" date. Very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure enjoy your writing Kelly. You are easy to read and it all flows very nicely. I bet you just think and type and never look back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats true lee lee... my brain moves so fast that i just type what i am thinking. it seems to work pretty easily, i must say!

    ReplyDelete