Thursday, May 22, 2008

So I really have not written in quite a long time, but I figure if I can say my prayers every night, read my scriptures every morning and go on facebook in excess of three times throughout the day, then I can surely keep up a simple blog. So here is to dedication.

Let's see. Currently, I am sitting on one of the two beds in my bedroom in my apartment. I am living in Rexburg, Idaho in a little bitty apartment with my friend Kayla. Originally this place was meant for four girls, but there was no way I would share my bedroom again...not after last semester. So, it's nice to have my own space.

On June 2nd, I am donating blood at 12:45pm. I hope they will take my blood. I have been in the country for 6 months...I guess if the country needs my blood enough, they wont care who I am; but I am legal, I swear!

Also, I have become quite the chef! I made salmon cakes the other day. They were amazing. And then today for lunch I made tomato toppers. That What I am calling them.
Basically, you take a "Town House Garlic and Herb Topper" (cracker), put a piece of fresh spinach on top of that, and then this concoction I made on top of that. Now this mix thing is made up of diced tomatoes, dried basil leaves, feta cheese and low fat sour cream. Mix that in a bowl and put it on top of the cracker.. then eat it all together. YUM. That and a glass of ice cold water really hit the spot! I sure hope my mom is reading this!

There is nothing else going on really. But if you haven't yet, you need to, yes NEED to read Miracle of Forgiveness by Spencer W. Kimball. Amazing book. Really puts things into perspective.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I am reading this Kelly. That sounds like a very yummy snack. Will you make it for me when you come home?

    ReplyDelete