Saturday, May 24, 2008

It's Saturday...again.
I woke up at 8:12am, and then proceeded to fall back asleep and wake up every hour after that until 11:00am, which is now.
Last night I had a dream. I don't exactly remember what it was about, but I remember waking up and feeling like I needed to go shopping. I guess it's a curse. Then I remembered..."I am in Idaho. The closest shopping experience here is either gained in the campus bookstore, or at Walmart which is all the way at the other side of town. In reality, the other end of town is only about an 8 minute drive with moderate traffic.

Without a car and stuck on a hill, I resort to online shopping. If you have never done it, I suggest it. I don't suggest Ebay, but do go online and shop in actually websites, for actual stores. Here are some of the purchases I have recently made. Enjoy!



Now. Because I have recently become border-line obsessed with Paris, France, I decided I need to look legit. So, in honour of my love for fashion design and my 8 years of elementary French (that I am now taking college courses for...), I purchased this wonderful little charm necklace. I tried to find similar charms on the web that I could buy separate for a bargain, but apparently nobody has them and I am not willing to go through Ebay to get them. But...definitely a staple item, right?

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/



These shoes are definitely a bargain. I am not going to tell you where they are from until you read this. They were $7!!!! Yeah, I know! I almost jumped out of bed, but then I realized I didn't want to move. They are made of a soft black canvas. They come in Royal Blue. The blue screamed "wear me with something that doesn't match to make a fashion statement!", so I decided that a neutral would work just fine for me. Now for the reveal. Walmart. Yes, you read correctly. Walmart is where I purchased them. Love bargains or what?


Guess what? Another "too good to pass up" bargain from Walmart! These ones are from the George collection, so I feel a little bit better about myself. I think I have found a new obsession though, sling-backs. It's always good to stay out of denial, so I do...but purchasing it. What a wonderful cycle. I get a new pair of shoes, Walmart makes money, and my feet look great. It's a win-win-win situation.




This shirt is from JC Penney. Did you know that JC himself started out making shoes? Yeah, neither did I until yesterday. I would say thats pretty cool. So another obsession of mine is comfort+square neck=my kind of shirt. The thing I love about this shirt is that it has a style, color and cut that are all flattering. Coming from me, a color-phobe when it comes to me wearing it, that's pretty good I would have to say. Its about time I get rid of my fear and just spice up my life already. Here is to good buy's. This one was $17.99!


HURRAY for great buys!!



Okay, last purchase, I swear. This shirt was $19.99 at JC Penney's. Now, when I talked to my mom over the phone, she looked it up online and said " don't you think that style is a little old for you?". Looking at this shirt, the only remotely old thing I see is the woman wearing the shirt. This shirt is not tight, its got a higher neck and longer sleeves. It's modest. I like that. Also, this is the kind of shirt that can be worn with a belt, a crop jacket, and lots of heavy jewelery. This style may be a little bit doubtful, but these are the kind of comfortable staple items any woman should not go without. Its versatile, functional and all the while, it looks good during any season. I would say this is perfect.

www.jcpenney.com/

So, now that my shopping craving is out the window, I can rest a little easier at night, knowing I have some cute clothes to match up with my old cute clothes and my down-right ugly clothes to make something wonderful. It's hard to not shop when you have nothing else to do... but my philosophy is: If you feel a little down, and it's on sale...buy it. There is nothing more satisfying than binging on sale items, rather than binging on cookies...or Nutella.

1 comment:

  1. Okay. I agree. This will be cute with a belt, crop jacket and chunky jewelry. Guess it's not too old looking to me after all.

    ReplyDelete