Saturday, June 4, 2011

So there I was.....

A beautiful Saturday afternoon...and what do I do? Go to the ward activity at Egin Lake. Turns out that the weather is perfect (warm sun with just a slight breeze) and the water is a perfect temperature.

So, all us gals and our FHE brothers piled into Travis' truck and made the 20 minute drive out of town to the 'lake'. It's basically a glorified pond because it never gets deeper than your knees (or mid thigh for you shortys).

Here is us in the truck.



There's Scott, sitting on the inter-tube in the back... we hit a few bumps on the way out... so he got a bit of a ride.

Myself and Jahnin... ready to get our bronze on...Then there is Rex, always ready for his glamour shot...
Then Jahnin and Kayla. Jahnin looking especially Mexican and Kayla looking especially white.
Then, we were at the beach.

Kayla and I...

Kevin got reallllly dirty.
So we took some glamour shots. He was walking away from me, and I yelled after him to turn back but I forgot his name so I called out "Dirty boy, turn around". I guess it sounded a little wicked because I got a few awkward looks from the people around me.

He looked great though. Look at that form.

So, it was a great day at the beach. We splashed, played in the sand, ate some 'burgs and sipped lemonade.


Perfect.


Until I fell asleep for 3 hours....


and woke up like this.



Thanks summer... sometimes you sure know how to cramp my style.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kelly. Poor you. I hate sunburns so much! Also, your Jahnin friend looks like Mette, the Hale's friend from Med Hat who used to live at their house. Hope you don't peel! Aloe vera it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a bathing suit strap line and a tank top line. Ouch! Hope you sleep okay tonight.

    ReplyDelete