Thursday, June 9, 2011

I said I wouldn't, but then I did.

Well, today I tried out a new recipe. It was SO GOOD. So good in fact, that I had to blog about it. I said to my friends that I wouldn't as I took the picture....but, I couldn't resist. So, here it is.


MINI BLUEBERRY TURNOVERS
(I used blackberries too, I just cut them into halves)

INGREDIENTS
4 oz. cream cheese-softened (half a brick)
1 egg
1/4 C White sugar
1 sheet puff pastry (I used a roll of Pillsbury croissant roll outs)
1/2 pint of blueberries (4-8 berries per roll)

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 400F and coat baking sheet lightly with cooking spray.
2. Place cream cheese in a bowl and stir until completely smooth. Separate the egg white and yolk, putting the yolk in the bowl with the cream cheese, and setting the white aside. Add sugar to bowl and stir until completely combined.
3. Lay the puff pastry sheet out and cut into squares. Now, I made 8 squares and ignored the pre-scored lines by pinching them together.
4. Spoon a tablespoon into the middle of each square and put some blueberries into the middle. Fold the two opposite corners together, one on top of the other and using a finger of water to help them stick.
4. Place turnovers on the baking sheet, brush egg whites over them and sprinkle with white sugar.
5. Bake for 15 minutes-ish, or until they look done. Mine only took about 10 because my oven is HOT. You can also wrap them and refrigerate for up to 4 hours prior to cooking.
6. Serve warm, and try your darnest not have two. I dare you.



1 comment:

  1. Oh wow Kelly! They look so yummy. Make them for us when you are back home okay?

    ReplyDelete