Saturday, June 11, 2011

Saturday kitchen adventures

Today I woke up and thought to myself, "I am going to spend my day in the kitchen". And that's just what I did.

First on the menu, Salmon cakes... except I am a poor college student and all I had was tuna. So, three 5oz. cans of tuna and some other ingredients later... TADA!

What you see below is a tuna-cake(sounds appetizing, huh?) topped with a mayo dressing (mayo, lemon juice, cilantro, s&p). Delish!

Then came the deserts. I basically made everything simultaneously. Here are the famous Eagan cookies.... which became victim to my "overly-hot-but-can-never-figure-out-what-temperature-to-bake-at-instead" oven. I'd say it's a superficial burn.. nothing more than a first degree.
This little treat below is a Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcake. Yes, you read right. All of those things rolled right into one thigh-plumping desert. Basically, you make yellow cupcake batter, fill the paper half way, stick a wad of cookie dough in the middle, cover that with more batter and bake it. The icing is basically really wet cookie dough, without the egg. Pretty much the best thing ever. Really... ever.
Lastly is the Hawaiian Sweet Bread (artisan style...aka.... no pan). Now, this was from a box (I hate to admit) but I will find a recipe to bake from scratch. Anywho.... this was very cool for me. It turned out pretty dang good. It wasn't as sweet as I thought it would be, because of sweet breads I have had in the past, but pretty dang good for a box. It even came with a little yeast packet. Over all, really fun to make, and even more fun the bake....because there was no pan to clean..... well, except for the cookie sheet. But that doesn't count. Because I cleaned it several times throughout the course of the day... it didn't even seem like work by the end.
So there you have it. I am rad. I can bake. Let's get married, because it just so happens...I'm kinda domestic.Seriously. Let's get married. This is what our table will look like allllll the time. Promise.

3 comments:

  1. Now Kelly,

    It is against my religious beliefs for us to get married. I am interested though, in your table for many-more-than-just-two ideas and therefore would like to hire you as my live-in chef, when my future family arrives. The wage would be poor, we'd both become grossly obese, but we'd have so much fun together, it would be the radest thing ever. Please? At least think about the possibilities. Plus, my brother is still on the market and you'd make a cute couple. Let me know.

    Love,
    Nikole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness gosh golly Kelly!! What a spectacular day you had but even more spectacular are the goodies! They look great! And I mean great!
    Mmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete