Sunday, May 1, 2011

Loser like ME!




Alright. It's been a few days since my last post... so I've been feeling a little guilty. I mean, it's not like I haven't tried to blog... it's just that every time I push "new post" I get hesitant about what to write, so I just don't. I don't think I have a whole lot to say today, but we'll just see what happens... sometimes I just start typing and then the momentum just keeps pushing me along.

The last few days I have been feeling like a big loser. I am not sure that I can necessarily pinpoint specific instances that caused me to react and suck back into my shell, but it happened a few times. I am a confident person now, though I haven't always been. I used to longingly watch the girls in my classes (since fouth grade or so) wishing that I could have just a little spark of what they had, hoping it would ignite the person that I've always wanted to be and rocket me to popularity. Well, over the last year I have felt the push behind me and my engine roaring. But on Friday, I was put down by someone that very recently come into my life. I felt judged, hurt, misunderstood, wronged and ashamed. Usually, I am a pretty relaxed person when it comes to people's opinion on me, but this just struck a cord. That night, the person who had done this told me that she had gone to the temple and been prompted to put my name on the prayer roll. I thought "As if she did! What a hypocrite!" Yeah. The nerve. I felt like a complete loser.

Later today, after it had happened for a second time, I went into my room. I watched some talks from the most recent General Conference and the spirit witnessed to me that importance of charity and love for our neighbours. My mind switched gears. I realized that as I was feeling judged, I was reciprocating the same judgment.

I have realized that I have strengths and weaknesses. I have quirks and idiosyncrasies. I often label myself as a loser, but I am just unique. I am like nobody else, but that certainly does not make me any less of a person than the next.

Here is a little cheer-me-up.

Click here.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't really know what to expect, but I thoroughly enjoyed that lil cheer me up. You are my favorite... and I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the hard stuff that makes us better Kelly. Hang on and I will too. That's the only way. Hang on tight.
    Great video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super good as always Kelly. Publish, publish, publish.......

    ReplyDelete