Sunday, April 10, 2011

My new hobby.

So, i've been into Archery for about a month. It's a new hobby, for sure. I've never been real good at sports. I can run and stuff, but as a kid, I was always reallllllly scared to mess up my back because it ALWAYS hurt. So, now that my back is 90% better, I feel better about sports. And when I started up archery, which just so happened to be on a double date.... I fell in love.

So, my two friends Jeff and Jared and I decided that after our first time shooting that we would continue to do so. We found out about the S.A.B.A. shoot on April 9th, so we decided to sign up. $15 gets you lunch and a day of archery at the river bottom with 3D animal targets. So... here are the pics from the big day. ENJOY!

^Jared shooting a 30lbs bow.
^The line of SUV/Trucks..... and then Jeff's civic, "Cedric". We were one of 2 cars... everyone else had trucks. Haha. Go figure.
^Pretty view. Bear by the river; arrowed.
^ Quiver-less... so we had to be inventive and hold the arrows in our pockets. We'll know for next year.
^ Jeff and then docile horned goat...or whatever it is...
^ BEARS!
^ Jared fitting in. He looked very archer-esque.
^Yeah, I was sitting on my kill.
^ The view from camp.
^ Me, sneaking a shot with this kids quiver. It was ALL FUR!
^ Jared, Jeff and I at target practice shooting our 30lbs recurves.
^ A cow vertebrae!
^Some kid, Myself, Jared and Jeff.
^Jeff's impeccable form shooting a cupid bow for 5 year olds. Haha.
^ I wasn't holding those arrows there.. I'm just that good.
^Jared's turn on the cupid bow. Precious.
^So, that's a king cobra..... we're pretty good friends... in spite of all the holes I put in him.
^ Who knew these roamed the Alberta coulees!
^ A DRAGONNNNNN!
^ That's a warthog.
^ Jared.
^ Me, and the cupid bow.
^ Jared loves to take these kind of pictures. Just loves it.
^ Jared and I at the very beginning of the shoot. We just got our gear.. and boy, were we excited!
^ There are two small piggies in the bush.
^ Jared, at target practice. Note the arrows in the pocket.
^ Cavewoman. Also, I put the bone on my thigh, and the kid that was shooting with us goes. "THAT'S YOUR BONE! IT FITS!" Just because it was the same length. haha.
^ the "Epic Shot" According to Jared. That's Jeff and I walking back to camp after 28 rounds.
^ Jared and I before the shoot.
^ Jared and I after the shoot, pre-chilly cheese dogs. Pretty cute.
^ Jared was clearly very impressed with his shots.
^ Jeff and the neck shot.
^ Me, shooting a 40lbs long bow! Cool!



2 comments:

  1. That looked like a lot of fun Kelly. The 3 of you sure have a good time together. Perhaps you 3 want to come gopher hunting with me this summer??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks like fun for sure. What a different activity. Totally worth the 15 bucks!!!

    ReplyDelete