Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Flu...


Yes, it is infact true. The flu has taken over the better part of my body. It all started Sunday night. I went to bed feeling a little under the weather, but then realized it was more when I was still lying awake three hours later in the same position. Monday morning rolled around, and I still felt horrible. Monday afternoon came and still, I felt sick. Then, twenty minutes before leaving my home in Saskatchewan to start the journey west, it was worth it...or so I thought.....

I crawled to the bathroom, and released what I thought, was all of the sickness and pain from my tummy. But then half an hour later it was back and I was laying in the back seat of the 4-runner trying not to move. So, 7 hours later, I arrived home to Lethbridge, went to bed, woke up the next day and went to work. Not smart. I lasted through work, and felt good enough to pop a few extra-strength Tylenol and see some friends. Also, not smart. I went to bed and again...could not sleep. This time, I actually only got 2 hours of unconsciousness. I mean, literally. I actually watched my digital clock change from one hour to the next until about 6:30 am when I finally fell asleep to be awoken at 7:47 am by my roommate going to school. And there you have it folks. A temperature of 102 and an empty stomach. That's my kind of Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. But Kelly, to throw up in that toilet wouldn't be too bad. Never mind. Whatever the toilet looks like, it doesn't matter at the time now does it?
    This is 2 flu's in a row for you. No more!!

    ReplyDelete