Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Okay, Okay...Update.

So, It is April 20.

I haven't updated my blog in months. To be honest, I have been busy this last semester. I took 2 online classes (don't ask about those classes unless you want me to lie), worked full time at the Bridal Shop, participated in 2 full-time choirs, had a weekly institute evening class and even juggled a few dates. I had good excuses for not blogging.

But now, the semester is over. Finals have been written and passed with flying colors (*cough cough), institute has ended, choirs have performed and work has shifted gears. Yes, I have more time on my hands so back to blogging it is.

So, as of late....I have made some pretty interesting decisions. I asked for a raise at work and was put on another two week review. The first one, which was full of praise might I add, was apparently just a frank conversation with my bosses. The whole 'getting more money' thing is an actual seperate event. Who knew? So within my two week review period, not only did I work for 12 days straight (because of illnesses and bridal shows which I had to model for), I had to study and write two final exams and do a choir performance. On day 12 I made the split decision to leave a week and a half later for a permanent summer position in Virginia. So, not only was that whole 12-day work week from you know where, a total waste of my energy trying to be superwoman to be worthy of a raise... I was also throwing myself into a potentially insane situation.

So, when I told my bosses my decision to leave...they were shocked. I mean, it didn't go near as badly as I had anticipated. In fact, my boss told me that if things didn't work out that when I came home I would have my job back and she wouldn't actually take me off payroll until September or a when (and if) she got a phone call. That was a cha-ching moment for me! I didn't get that raise I wanted, but that was fine... when I come back, I'll ask for it. This summer, i'll be knocking on doors, getting a wicked tan and going on a complete adventure. I can't wait to be on my own again...

Why, hello freedom...we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment