Sunday, November 22, 2009

Probably the best Sunday EVER!

So, today I taught my usual Gospel Essentials class at church. As I was setting up in the Relief Society room, I was told that I was being moved to "Room 18" because Gospel Doctrine was getting too big for the other room and so it was being split into 2... and people were coming to Gospel Essentials even though they are strong members of the church and already know the essentials. Not a big deal right? Wrong.... Room 18 holds 15 people. At first I was pretty disappointed. I was hoping to have a nice big class. For some reason, the more people, the less intimidating it is to teach. Turns out, I was just being prideful... thinking that I was such an amazing teacher that I deserved a bigger room for all the people that usually come to my class.Turns out, I loved the smaller class. It was way more intimate, everyone learned new things and the spirit was totally strong.

Another reason why today was so good was because..... drum roll please..... I think I have a plan for the next 8 months of my life. I have decided that I want to go to Russia to teach english to small children for 6 months... starting in January. I have already applied just to see if I can get in! How amazing would that be!?!?!? Traveling, teaching.... what more could I ask for. I am slowing finding my calling in life. Maybe one day it will just appear... but until then, I plan on flying around the world and teaching kids to speak english.

NICE!


1 comment:

  1. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! How awesome Kelly... hope it all works out.

    Both David and I taught yesterday too... your good vibes must have transferred to us.

    ReplyDelete